NIRO is a full-time team which, in partnership with NIRAB, forms the nuclear research and innovation advisory framework.
- Provide secretariat support for NIRAB meetings and any sub-groups that may be convened
- Provide the analytical capacity required to provide advice to officials
- Draft annual reports and other reports, as required, for review by NIRAB
- Carry out gap analysis in order to inform advice to Government on research and innovation programme priorities
- Facilitate coordination of nuclear innovation and R&D activity and communications within and between Government and industry
- Support Government’s production of the business cases required to underpin nuclear research and innovation programmes